Privacy Statement and Credit Reporting Policy
Lucas Total Contract Solutions Privacy Statement and Credit Reporting Policy
The information on this site is intended for general reference only. All content is the property of Lucas Total Contract Solutions and should not be reproduced, copied or tampered with. Elements of the Lucas Total Contract Solutions logo are a company trademark, as such, the logo should not be downloaded or copied. Although we check and attempt to maintain the accuracy of information presented in this website the general nature of the information and the variability of the subject matter means that information is not complete. The passage of time may on occasions lead to information becoming outdated. Accordingly, no warranty is given as to the completeness or accuracy of the information presented and we ask that you acknowledge this situation and accept the above conditions.
Lucas Total Contract Solutions Pty Ltd (Lucas TCS) is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals in the course of our business. To deliver our commitment to privacy, we will comply with the legislation and regulations of Australia.
As an Australian registered company, Lucas TCS is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained within that Act. All employees and officers of Lucas TCS are required to comply with the Act and this Privacy Statement. Lucas TCS has a Privacy Act Procedure which can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The matters set out in this Privacy Statement do not generally apply to how we treat personal information contained in an “employee record” (as defined in the Act) of a current or former employee of ours.
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not,
and personal information includes sensitive information.
We, our, us or it means Lucas TCS.
You or your means any individual who we hold personal information about.
To deliver our commitment to privacy, we will:
- Be bound by, and comply with, the APPs under the Act in relation to personal information;
- Communicate this Privacy Statement to all employees and stakeholders to ensure awareness of their requirement to comply with our privacy standards and to anyone else who asks for it;
- Ensure lawful, fair and unobtrusive means are used to collect personal information that is necessary for our business purposes;
- Collect sensitive information only with the individual's consent and not disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party, except with the individual's consent or where we are required to do so by law;
- Take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when we have no further need for it or are required to do so by law;
- Ensure only authorised personnel who have agreed to keep personal information confidential have access to the information;
- Take reasonable steps to keep personal information up to date, accurate and complete;
- Provide individuals access to their personal information on request (subject to limited exceptions, such as where access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others); and
- Periodically review and revise this Privacy Statement and related procedures to maintain relevance.
Lucas TCS recognises and respects the importance of each individual's privacy. This Statement and related procedures ensure all personal information held by Lucas TCS is handled appropriately and kept confidential.
What do we use personal information for?
Any personal information you provide will be used for the primary purpose for which the information was given to us (for example, dealing with your request, enquiry or application for employment). This may involve disclosing your personal information to companies within the Lucas TCS Group, or to service providers who assist us in operating our business. These organisations are required to comply with the principles of this Statement.
We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes related to operating our business such as improving our business, managing your dealings with us and account keeping.
By uploading your resume to our website or through an external website (such as seek.com.au), you give us express consent to use, disclose and store your personal information for the purposes of potential employment with Lucas TCS or one of its associated joint ventures or subsidiaries for a period of 3 months, at which point it will be destroyed. Any filed resumes will be secured and protected from unauthorised access.
With regard to all other enquiries, your details will only be accessible and used by personnel dealing directly with your request. We do not use, or disclose, any personal details you provide to us for the purposes of direct marketing.
Disclosing Personal Information
As noted above, we may disclose personal information to related companies or with contractors performing services for us. These parties are required to comply with this Statement. Lucas TCS will only make such disclosures to achieve the purpose for which the information was provided and as otherwise permitted by the Act. Lucas TCS will not disclose any personal information to any unrelated third party, except with your consent, or where we are required or permitted by law to do so. Lucas TCS does not ordinarily disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
Retention and Disposal of Information
Lucas TCS will only keep personal information it needs for the purpose for which that information was collected. Lucas TCS will dispose of such information when it has no further need to use it, or it is required by law to do so.
How does Lucas TCS collect and hold your personal information?
We generally obtain personal information about you by collecting it:
- Directly from you. For example, via forms you complete for it, orders you place with it and through your interactions with Lucas TCS and its staff, such as via its website, over the phone, via email or in person.
- From its service providers and contractors. For example, from its IT service providers, contractors and other personnel who assist it or who provide goods or services to you on its behalf.
- From other people involved in your business. For example, from your business partner or a co-director of your company in connection with an order being placed with us or an application for credit.
- From other people relevant to your relationship with us. For example, from:
- trade contacts or trade references you have provided to us, if we are considering contracting with you or providing credit to you or an entity related to you;
- your current or past employer (with your prior consent), if you are applying for a job with us;
- your employment or labour hire agency, if you have been referred to us by that employment or labour hire agency; and
- credit reporting bodies, if we are considering providing credit to you or an entity related to you.
What information does Lucas TCS collect via its web site?
This site allows you to contact Lucas TCS using a feedback form for the purpose of requesting information about Lucas TCS or making other enquiries.
By submitting the feedback form, you provide us with certain personal information which may include your name, e-mail address and any other details you include in your form. This information is collected by us for the purpose of dealing with your request. We may not be able to deal with your request without this information.
In line with Lucas TCS’s policy regarding email security, any e-mails you send will be automatically scanned, which could result in certain attachments and styles of message being automatically blocked. Our IT administrators may have access to your e-mails to authorise the content. This is done purely for IT security purposes and our IT administrators will not access the contents of your e-mails once this process is complete.
Security of Information
You should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. However, Lucas TCS uses all reasonable efforts to ensure any personal information collected is held securely. In addition, only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Such personnel have agreed to ensure confidentiality of this information and are required to comply with this Statement.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
Upon request, Lucas TCS will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the APPs. If you are refused access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the APPs.
Lucas TCS takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date whenever we collect or use it. If personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please let us know and we will make every effort to correct this information.
We may require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We will give you reasons if we deny access.
We ask that requests for access to information be made in writing. Photo identification may be required and an access fee may be payable.
You can request access to your personal information and notify us of any change, modification or correction, by contacting our HR Department on (08) 8179 4000.
Complaints & Further Information
If you have a complaint or require further information about how Lucas TCS handles personal information or privacy issues please contact our Senior Legal Counsel on (08) 8179 4000.
If you feel Lucas TCS has not satisfactorily addressed your complaint you may also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting www.oaic.gov.au or writing to GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 or GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601.
Further information on the Australian Privacy law is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review and revise our Privacy Statement. Lucas TCS reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. We will notify you about changes to this Privacy Statement by posting an updated version on our website www.LucasTCS.com.au.
Our Contact Details
Lucas Total Contract Solutions
PO Box 150
Brighton South Australia 5048
T (08) 8179 4000
F (08) 8358 3849
CREDIT REPORTING POLICY
This Credit Reporting Policy (Policy) outlines how we manage your credit information and credit eligibility information and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information. It applies in addition to, and does not limit, our Privacy Statement above.
Handling of your credit information and credit eligibility information
We are committed to ensuring that the privacy of your credit information and credit eligibility information is respected and maintained at all times. We are bound by the credit reporting provisions contained in Part IIIA of the Act.
Please refer to our Privacy Statement above for further information on how we handle other types of personal information.
In addition to the words defined in the above Privacy Statement, the following words when used in this Policy have the following specific meanings:
CRB means a credit reporting body, including bodies such as Dun & Bradstreet, Experian and VEDA.
CP derived information has the same meaning as in section 6 of the Act which, for ease of reference, may include personal information about you that is derived from credit reporting information disclosed to us by a CRB and that has a bearing on your credit worthiness and which is or has been used, or could be used, in establishing your eligibility for consumer credit. Please refer to the Act for a complete list of all types of CP derived information.
credit information has the same meaning as in section 6N of the Act which, for ease of reference, may include information such as consumer credit liability information, repayment history information, types and amounts of credit you have sought, default information, and personal insolvency information. Please refer to the Act for a complete list of all types of credit information.
credit eligibility information has the same meaning as in section 6 of the Act which, for ease of reference, may include information such as credit reporting information about you that has been disclosed by a credit reporting body or information derived from such information and which has a bearing on your credit worthiness. Please refer to the Act for a complete list of all types of credit eligibility information.
sensitive information means information or an opinion about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information, genetic information, biometric information for automated verification or identification purposes and biometric templates.
What kinds of credit information do we collect and hold?
We may collect and hold credit information and credit eligibility information about you. Without limitation, this may include credit reports, identification information, consumer credit liability information (e.g. details of amounts payable to us and the terms of the relevant credit), information relating to payments made, default information and payment information.
How do we collect and hold your information?
We generally obtain the credit related information above about you in the following ways.
1. Directly from you.
For example, via forms you complete for us, and through your interactions with us and our staff, such as via our website, over the phone, via email or in person.
2. From our service providers and contractors
For example, from our IT service providers, marketing agencies and other personnel who assist us in assessing your creditworthiness or providing credit to you or an entity related to you.
3. From other people involved in your business.
For example, from your business partner or a co-director of your company in connection with an order being placed with us or an application for credit.
4. From other people relevant to your relationship with us or the provision of credit by us
For example, from:
- trade contacts or trade references you have provided to us, if we are considering providing credit to you or an entity related to you.
- CRBs (e.g. Dun & Bradstreet), if we are considering providing credit to you or an entity related to you
We hold the above information in various ways, including in paper and electronic form. We take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure including through implementation of password protected digital storage solutions as well as keeping paper forms in secure filing systems.
For what purposes do we use your credit related information?
We will only collect, hold, use and disclose your credit information and credit eligibility information to the extent permitted to do so by the Act. Subject always to this requirement, the purposes for which we may collect, hold, use and disclose such information are set out below.
The primary purposes we collect, hold, use and disclose your credit related information include:
- In relation to information which you have expressly consented to a CRB providing to us, for the purpose of us assessing your application for credit with us (or the application of another entity whose commercial credit you have offered to guarantee) and for internal management purposes that are directly related to the provision or management of that commercial credit.
- For the other credit related purposes in the Act (for example, if we request information from a CRB because we have reasonable grounds to believe you have committed a serious credit infringement).
Who will we disclose your information to?
We may also disclose your credit related information
- To other credit providers, at your request and with your express consent.
- To CRBs including, but not limited to, the following:
- Veda Advantage Ltd – (www.veda.com.au);
- Dun & Bradstreet (Australia) Pty Ltd - (www.dnb.com.au); and
- Experian - (www.experian.com.au).
We do not ordinarily disclose your credit information or credit eligibility information to entities that do not have an Australian link.
Accuracy of your credit related information
While we will endeavour to ensure that the credit related information we hold about you is up to date, accurate and complete, we will assume that any information provided by you is free from errors and omissions. You may request that we update or vary credit related information that we hold about you using the contact details set out in the Privacy Statement above.
Requesting access to your credit related information
You may obtain access to the credit related information which we hold about you in the same manner as other personal information, noted in the Privacy Statement above.
Changes to our Policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. The updated Policy will be available on our website.